Centre for Foundation and General Studies (CFGS) UNISEL was founded in 2014 and operates in both campuses Shah Alam and Bestari Jaya. The centre offers four basic stages of the program; Foundation in Science, Foundation in Information Technology, Foundation for B. Ed. TESL and Foundation in Management.
In addition, CFGS also operates 29 subjects under General Studies (MPU), English Servicing subjects and other foreign languages such as Mandarin, Arabic, French, Japanese and Turkish.
The results of the positive effects of the transformation UNISEL headed by Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Dato’ Dr. Mohammad Redzuan bin Othman allows CFGS to voluntarily implement the transformation program. The main objective is to ensure this centre is competitive and provide students with a solid foundation to prepare them for a better future through holistic programs. Therefore, various efforts have been and are being carried out such as:
- Strengthen the curriculum which focus more on Foundation Year programs through evaluation.
- Offers DERMASISWA UNISEL which free tuition fees to all students Foundation in Science, Foundation in Information Technology, Foundation for B. Ed. TESL and Foundation in Management.
- Involving students of foundation and general studies in CAKNA through the establishment of HEP UNISEL by focusing on leadership development through various activities that are inclusive and holistic network across different communities and ethnic groups.
- Implemention the MoU and internationalization activities where students are involved with the bilateral relations between the university and industry, particularly in the ASEAN region.
- Creating academic programs through foundation GLOBAL Huffaz and international preparatory program which is expected to be offered by April 2019.
- Setting up a research cluster CFGS to strengthen academic quality GEMILANG with the implementation of high-impact studies.